“Innovation Ahead”: SIRIMLink Issue #4, 2010.
SIRIM has always been a big fan of innovation, and in this issue, SIRIMLink revisits some of the company’s most successful and ambitious endeavours to date. Its contents include:
- In Pursuit of Energy: SIRIM is developing new batteries to be used in electric vehicles and stationary applications.
- Micro Hydro Heroes: For the small community of Kg. Sri Stamang 2, electricity is at last as easy as switch on, switch off.
- Microbial Heritage: Dr Neelam Shahab and her team are building Malaysia’s first microbe data bank.
- Sea of Hope: Seaweed farmers in Semporna have new tools to help them earn their livelihood.
- Vinaigre de Malaysie: The Malaysian vinegar industry is about to take the leap from local to international.
We also take a look at the winners of this years IDEAS Inventors’ Challenge.
About Marcus Gomez
Marcus Gomez & Partners provides world-class technical and business copywriting solutions to help global SMBs and multinationals enhance their sales, market share and corporate visibility in the international marketplace. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the boutique communications agency counts some of the biggest brands in the world as its customers, including Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Cisco Systems and TÜV SÜD. It also serves major government agencies such as the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), SIRIM Berhad, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), InvestPerak and the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.