SIRIM Standards & Quality News: “Service Excellence”
Quality has long been associated with manufacturing industries. However, a new wave of consumers are demanding quality from other vital industries and areas too. The improvement efforts within these service sectors form the core concepts of Service Quality.
The service industry is an important component of Malaysia’s economy. It contributed 55% to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2008 and continues to grow as the economy’s top GDP driver despite the setbacks caused by the global economic crisis. The service sector also accounts for 57% of the country’s total employment.
In light of these considerations and current trends within the service industry, this issue of Standards & Quality News is dedicated to service quality and excellence. The contents include:
- On the Fast Track: One company’s experience in achieving business excellence.
- Knowledge is Power: How companies can leverage knowledge in the Customer Life Cycle.
- Towards Global Malaysian Brands: How the Malaysian Brand Mark can help companies go global.
- Brand Awareness: How to build a brand, including the strategy, planning and execution.
- The Birds Nest Standards: An overview of Malaysian standards related to swiftlet bird’s nests and how the industry may
benefit from them.
About Marcus Gomez
Marcus Gomez & Partners provides world-class technical and business copywriting solutions to help global SMBs and multinationals enhance their sales, market share and corporate visibility in the international marketplace. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the boutique communications agency counts some of the biggest brands in the world as its customers, including Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Cisco Systems and TÜV SÜD. It also serves major government agencies such as the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), SIRIM Berhad, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), InvestPerak and the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.